Holliday Gift Guide 007 - Children & Mothers To Be

Hello everyone,

In case you missed my last 2 gift guides, I will post the links & videos below. They were on Friends, Girlfriends, Boyfriends, Parents & In-Laws. As it's Christmas, we can't forget the little ones, so todays post will be gift guide for children and mummies with a little bun in the oven.






Holliday Gift Guide 007 - Children & Mothers To Be

I don't have much experience with buying gifts for little ones, but I have plenty of experience in receiving gifts as a tiny tot so hopefully I can offer some help.

I used to love getting anything (& I mean ANYTHING) that I could make, be it jewelery, pillows, window sticker things, keychains, plastic decorations, friendship bracelets, beaded animal shapes... Right down to anything I could draw or colour in. Always a great gift for a creative kid!!

Also, books are great! The kid mightn't act over the moon about it, but trust me. They will read it and they will love it. There's so many kinds of books to choose from too so you can find something.

Good ole favourite, Lego! Where would my childhood be wasted if it wasn't for this. Unfortunately for me, its much better these days with way cooler things to make (Did anyone see than Ferris Wheel on the Late Late Toy Show?...AWESOME). I know there's loads of books with ideas and how-to's when it comes to Lego too.

I remember one year, I got a gorgeous fabulous doll house. It was taller than me, furnished with carpets and lighting. AMAZING! It got plenty of use and is currently a "show piece" in the attic bedroom. But when I move, I will be taking it with me and fixing it up a little and it will be going in my house, hopefully one day my daughter will love it as much as I did. It was a very fancy dollhouse, but you can also buy plastic smaller ones which will also get a lot of love and attention. Equally as cool, a play kitchen or a play mechanics set, Kids love playing "adult" so that will keep them entertained.

A Nintendo DS is also a really cool gift, with plenty of games to choose from as well as educational games which can be a lot more fun than they sound! Remember back when we were younger and GameBoy's were the big thing (with Pokemon games of course) well the DS is the "Next Generation". Also, for older kids, the Wii console. Again, plenty of games to have them up and moving (and burning some of that crazy energy). Great gift for multiple children as they can play together.

One year, my parents told us they got Conor & I a very very small gift to use together. They went out to the garage, we heard some hustling and movement. Then they called us into the sitting room. An 8 in 1 table. It had a load of games attached, you just add or remove layers. The ones that got played the most were air hockey, table tennis and fuzz ball. Hours and hours were spent with both of our friends on that thing for years. Definitely a great gift!!! They also come in much smaller versions that can sit on a kitchen table and be played.





Holliday Gift Guide 007 - Children & Mothers To Be 2

Again, not so familiar with pregnant mummies. Two years ago my auntie was pregnant at Christmas time, so Mam and I put together a little gift basket for her as her present. First thing we got her, which she loved and used all the time, was those moisturising socks & gloves. You put on your hand & foot lotion and pop these special socks on before bed and they leave your skin super super soft. Another favourite is the special pillows, you know those really long ones, they support the bump while you like on your side.

A great gift could be the baby or belly clay kit, I think this is super cute and something I want to have some day. Little clay pieces of your belly, their little hands and feets. How adorable! Photo frames or books, again, great gifts for all the lovely baby photos.

Organic, natural shower/bath gels, body lotions, etc are all great and relaxing. I'd try to get a natural smelling one, just in case smells are making her feel sick. Bio Oil, 8 hour cream, moisturizing creams would be great!! Spa treatments, Hair Salon gift card plus a IOU one babysitting session would also be lovely. Also, little things for the baby. Mam and I always tend to buy for 1-2 year olds. As I presume the mammy is bombarded with new baby clothes.

And for the Daddy to be, I recommend your gift to the mammy would be to go read those baby books!! She will get stressed out and you knowing what to do will help calm her down, she'll feel like your there for her and that she's not alone, because lets face it. Mammys do most the work during this stage :P

Again I hope you found this useful, I've actually really loved doing these gift guides. I have a few more ideas so I might just continue doing them. To see my gift guide for Friends, Boyfriends & Girlfriends click here. And to see my gift guide for parents and in-laws, click here. There's also video's below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment