Holliday Gift Guide 006 - Parents & In Laws

Hello dolls,
Hope you enjoyed yesterdays Gift Guide Post about your best friends & your boys. Today will be Christmas gift ideas for your parents or your in laws, people seem to have a lot of trouble buying for both so I hope this post will help you out.

Firstly though, just wanted to say hello to certain readers (well all readers *wave*).
The boy looked at me the other day with very guilty eyes and confessed something. Enter dramatic music here. He said a couple of ladies from work were talking about nails and he mentioned my blog to them, word spread through the girls in his work and they apparently have all swung by to have a looksie. So if any of you are reading this now, Hello :)

I was a little... not embarrassed but like "Oh god!" just because I feel quite weird about people in my life being on here (ever since my ex linked all of my friends behind my back and my best friend said it was stupid & that was showing off...). I just never quite know what to say when someone mentions it to me. Not a lot of people have the link to my blog, those that do are mostly boys and they all think its cool and ask me lots of questions about blogging & YouTube lol. I've mentioned here before that I wrote on my personal Facebook that I have a blog but I didn't link to it, although I have been considering doing so lately. Not sure though. What do you think? Have you told anyone? Do you openly discuss it? Do you feel weird when people mention it? I'd love to know.

So anyways, back onto the post of the day before I bore you all to death with my rambling.

Play a Christmas song as you read :)



Holliday Gift Guide 006 - Parents & Inlaws 1
My dad is incredibly hard to buy for, he just does NOT want anything at all. I know most parents say "ah, don't get me anything" and don't mean it, but he actually does! Think about what he likes, what he does, does he play any sport or watch any spot? Golf? Tennis? Football? Anything to do with work that you could get him? What about shirts or a tie rack? Any dvd box sets he'd enjoy? I remember one year my Mam bought my dad a paper shredder for his work room/man cave as part of his present. I came home a week before Christmas to my dad manually cutting up documents, loads of them! At the time, I had a little giggle in my head while trying to get him to do it later, without being to obvious. When he opened the shredder he laughed. It was a practical present, which I think is usually what most parents like. Think about practicality as well as his hobbies.


Holliday Gift Guide 006 - Parents & In laws 2
My mammy is also quite difficult to buy for, she doesn't wear makeup and she's not really into beauty products or anything like that. However, she runs, cycles and plays tennis in all kinds of weather as well as working a full time job so skincare is something she likes. She loves Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour cream and swears by it so I would definitely recommend that. I bought her the starter kit for Bare Minerals before, which went down great as she did want to get into wearing a little bit of makeup for nights out and such. And since it was mineral makeup, she doesn't feel like she's wearing it. Pamper type things like a foot massager are also great things to buy mammies, they deserve a little pampering! Again, just think about what she does, her interests and those sorts. My mam loves crafts and has pointed out a Cath Kidston book she wants, she's also mentioned she'd love an ipod nano for when she runs, so its important to think about what your mother does everyday and how to add something to make her day better or easier.

Hope this helped :)

Do you find buying for your parents difficult? 
What are you planning to get them?

0 comments:

Post a Comment