Review - Babyliss Big Hair


</span>Babyliss review big hair dryer conair styler volume backcomb misse blog beauty fashion how to tutorial bouncy curls<span class=
Hello beauties, How are you all this Monday morning? Todays post is a review on the BaByliss Big Hair Styler. As you know, I'm a huge BaByliss fan. If you haven't read my Review of the BaByliss Service post, I'll quickly summerize. Basically, my favourite hair dryer, the BaByliss Beliss 2000, broke. I was so gutted and had no idea how I was going to dry/straighten my curls mane. BaBylissUK suggested the Big Hair, I looked at it and thought "oh god, my hair would knot in that" and started looking up reviews, then a sales director for BaByliss got in contact with me to tell me there was a couple of Beliss stylers left at HQ and she sent me out two!! I was delighted.

Well imagine my surprise when I arrived home after my birthday night out to a package from BaByliss. I tore it open and inside a note saying "Wishing you a Happy Birthday from all at BaByliss" and there is was, a Big Hair Styler. Ahhhh! How amazing are they. My dad even said "God, that was lovely wasn't it". It literally made my (hungover) day. (Excuse the hair in the following photos)

</span>Babyliss review big hair dryer conair styler volume backcomb misse blog beauty fashion how to tutorial bouncy curls<span class=



Using the Hair Styler

I washed my hair as usual, My natural hair is very very thick, messy, curly, frizzy curls & waves. It's in a bad state at the moment, extra dry. For reference, here is a review of the Beliss 2000 and the photo of my hair before, au natural.


I sectioned my hair and waited until it was about 70-80% dry. I don't like letting it dry anymore, as I hate "drying" dry hair, if that makes sense. I took the bottom sections and tried out the styler. The first thing I noticed was how soft the bristles are, leaving your hair soft. The styler has a cold setting and 2 hot settings, like most hair dryers. It also has two buttons above this, one to spin the device to the left and the other to the right. Because the device spins both ways, your hair won't get caught in it, which I was afraid off.

Babyliss review big hair dryer conair styler volume backcomb misse blog beauty fashion how to tutorial bouncy curls
Babyliss review big hair dryer conair styler volume backcomb misse blog beauty fashion how to tutorial bouncy curls<span class=


How it works



It's like having a hair dresser doing your hair. No lie! The bristles grip your hair, as you move down and press the rotate button, it moves through the hair, rotating and drying. Much like how hair dressers blow dry your hair in a salon, but without the sore tired arm. This was amazing to me, as I would of never imagined being able to blow dry my hair straight myself at home, imagine how long that would take me. This took about 40minutes first time and 30minutes the second time I used it.

</span>Babyliss review big hair dryer conair styler volume backcomb misse blog beauty fashion how to tutorial bouncy curls<span class=</span>Babyliss review big hair dryer conair styler volume backcomb misse blog beauty fashion how to tutorial bouncy curls<span class=
</span>Babyliss review big hair dryer conair styler volume backcomb misse blog beauty fashion how to tutorial bouncy curls<span class=



Results



Here are two photos moments after I'd done half my head. My hair always takes a day to calm down and de-fluff after drying & straightening. (This was pre-party, hence the face mask & hoody lol)

Babyliss Big Hair Review Results Good Bad how to misse blog</span>Babyliss Big Hair Review Results Good Bad how to misse blog<span class=

You can see it's very big and bouncy. I turned (& rotated) the styler inwards & outwards at the ends to create a slight "curl". It was so soft and felt like I had just walked out of a salon, but without as much frizz. Below are some photos of my hair after using this styler. The first 3 are taken a couple of hours later and the last 3 are 2-3 days later.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Big Hair Styler Dryer Review Babyliss Conair Misse Blog
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

What I like?


It's very easy to use, I thought the Big Hair Styler looked huge but it's actually really light so it's easy to hold and move. I really love the soft bristles and the effect it creates. I also love that it straightens my hair MORE than if I paid for a blow dry in the hair dressers. I usually have to go over the entire head after the hair dressers to re-straighten it, but with this, I only needed to tidy up the bottom layers and parts of my roots. I also like that I'm using less heat, as most of the work is done using this styler and not my GHD.

Negative Points?


I found it quite difficult to get to the root of my head, especially on the bottom layer. I don't know if this will be the same for everyone or if it's just because of the type of hair and the amount of hair I have, perhaps it's my technique. I did say that because the rotating bristles go each way your hair doesn't get stuck, but I have found, a couple of times, my hair has got stuck in the top little "cap" part, which can be seen in the photos, but I just aim my hair further down so this doesn't happen.


Repurchase?


I would definitely buy this, I'm thinking about buying a second one as a backup. It's brilliant, very quick and easy to use, creates really nice volume. If it works on my hair, it will do wonders for most of you lol. Thank you so much to BaByliss for the brilliant birthday gift.

More information on the BaByliss Website here. Available at Argos, Amazon, Boots & Tesco.


*This post was not sponsored, BaByliss don't know I'm writing it. All opinions are own.

0 comments:

Post a Comment