Review | Vichy DermaBlend Foundation & Cream Concealer Stick

Vichy DermaBlend Foundation Concealer Correction Correcter Stick Cream Coverage Heavy Light Review Blogger Beauty Makeup Recommendations Acne Dark Circles Spots Under Eye Bags Redness Rosacea Breakouts

My love for L'Oreals Infallible and Maybellines 24hr Foundations has been dwindling. They just don't seem to go on as they used to, leaving me looking very cakey and feeling rather horrid. Although I love my heavy coverage (Irish skin equals redness!) I decided to look for something lighter and focus more on a good concealer. A couple of days before Christmas I was browsing some foundations and ended up picking up the Vichy DermaBlend Fluid Foundation and Foundation/Concealer Cream-Stick after hearing great things about it online, I've linked two very impressive videos below showing you the effects of it being used. They are a must see!!


Vichy DermaBlend Foundation Concealer Correction Correcter Stick Cream Coverage Heavy Light Review Blogger Beauty Makeup Recommendations Acne Dark Circles Spots Under Eye Bags Redness Rosacea Breakouts

Vichy DermaBlend Fluid Corrective Foundation 16HR

Shade: Nude 25 (Available in 5 Shades) Price: €21.50 in McCabes

What they say:
High Coverage, Bare Skin Feel, Matte Finish. Suitable for Sensitive Skin. Paraben & Fragrance free. Hydration 24hrs. SPF 35. Contained in a supple substance which becomes fluid on contact with the epidermis, coated pigments can be concentrated without over thickening the texture to a level of 25%, thats twice as much as traditional foundation.... Easy to blend into the skin, glides on and can be distributed evenly, offering maximum colour dispersion. This enables perfect coverage of cutaneous flaws, without creating localised cakiness or a dry, mask effect.
What I thought:
The foundation is pretty creamy although it is a liquid foundation. It blends super easy and looks barely noticeably on the skin while still giving a great coverage which is exactly what I needed. It doesn't give me that mask, cakey effect. It feels very soft to touch, almost powdery and very light. Although it is a matte foundation, I still like to apply some powder on my t-zone because I do have oily skin. I was amazed when I applied this on Christmas eve at 6pm, my skin looked amazing which is most definitely was not that evening. I had tired, dull, oily skin with a good few breakouts from stress & hormones. What also surprised me was the lasting power, it still looked good when I arrived home at 3am. 

Vichy DermaBlend Foundation Concealer Correction Correcter Stick Cream Coverage Heavy Light Review Blogger Beauty Makeup Recommendations Acne Dark Circles Spots Under Eye Bags Redness Rosacea Breakouts

Vichy DermaBlend Corrective Foundation Cream-Stick

Shade: Light Clair 13 (Available in 7 Shades) Price: €21.50 in McCabes

What they say:
Professional high coverage for ultra-easy, ultra-fast and ultra-natural results. For all complexion imperfections, even severe ones. A very high corrective pigment concentration in a melt-in, ultra-practical cream-stick. 12 hours of total coverage, with no mask effect. A faultless, radiant complexion finish. Skin remains supple, hydrated and comfortable for the entire day. Hides all imperfections, regardless of size or intensity. The stick can be applied either to the entire face or localised correction. Fragrance-free, tested on sensitive skin, enriched with allantion, a calming agent. 
What I thought:
The first thing is how creamy it is. I think it's great value as there is quite a lot of product and you really only need a amount. This can be worn as a foundation or used as a concealer, the leaflet inside tells you the best technique for the required effect. I use it as a concealer, by warming the product with my fingertips and applying where necessary, blending out the edges. I love the packaging, simple and convenient. I also like the packaging doesn't trick you, what you see is what you gets in terms of the amount of product. I used this on Christmas eve when my skin was really bad and I loved the results, it covered my imperfections and I didn't notice any slipping or melting throughout the night. 
Vichy DermaBlend Foundation Swatch Concealer Correction Correcter Stick Cream Coverage Heavy Light Review Blogger Beauty Makeup Recommendations Acne Dark Circles Spots Under Eye Bags Redness Rosacea Breakouts

Results

I would definitely repurchase both items, they work really well, apply nicely and last the day. The only downside is the range of shades with the foundation. I got Nude 25 to suit my skin with false tan and theres only one shade lighter than that (15 Opal) which didn't really suit me. I really want to try the Dermablend Setting Powder which is supposed to provide a water, sweat and friction-resistant finish. I was told in store that it is good enough to apply over tan to prevent rubbing onto clothes. Each product is just over €20/ £15 and available in McCabes, Boots and other Pharmacies that stock Vichy. Check out Lisa Eldridge's video on using this concealer to cover acne and have a look below at why Dermablend are known for coverage... incredible!

Have to tried either of these? What did you think? 

* Bought both products myself. Honest review. Not sponsored. 



0 comments:

Post a Comment